Thursday, January 18, 2007

Ubuntu Linux: open source is good

18 Jan 2007 is a historic day in my life. For the first time since I was born, I have finally got to use LINUX!

After purchasing the book Moving to Ubuntu Linux at Parkway today, I immediately went back home to try running Ubuntu from the DVD the book provided.

Ubuntu is a full desktop operating system created by the Linux community. It is based on Unix, and is fully open source and fully distributable to anyone by anyone. It is completely free.

AND BOY, LINUX IS COMPARABLE TO WINDOWS!!!!

It is as good as Windows, and almost works the same too!

I will give a more detailed review of Ubuntu when I have time some day, but I would like to leave you with a screenshot (taken on my computer):


Oh yes, Linux can run together with Windows on the same machine, with partitions made to the hard disk of course!

No comments: