Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Time can't wait

Sometimes things just happen too fast. Like lightning.

Before we can even bid an official farewell to a long-serving helper who has carried out its duty for 12 years, it has left our society, and vanished into thin air.

That helper has earned a place in our hearts and I remember the helper as the faithful one who never lets me down.

It’s so tragic. Disappearance without saying a final goodbye. Swept away and replaced by a meaner, faster helper.

IT’S THE POOR POWERPC CHIPS!!!!

How could you just abandon us like that and give in to the Intel Core Duos? It’s so saddening. But you are still cherished dearly by me, G4. At least you still power my baby’s insides.

The final revolution is complete. The new Mac Pro replaces the wonderful Power Mac G5s, with its impressive two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon "Woodcrest" processors. 64 bit computing. Exterior wise, only the Mac lover can tell apart.

It is a mean, fast, bad machine. IT CAN TAKE UP TO 16 GB RAM!! 4 Firewire ports in all…4 hard disk slots…and the Xeon is needed as the Core Duos wouldn’t provide such rapid speed, I guess. I was anticipating a Core Duo 2 chip instead. Maybe in the near future.

Well, what to do, the move is done. And soon we’ve got to bid another goodbye to Tiger, as it paves the way for Leopard, another great OS I’m expecting. But I wonder if my 1.42 G4 can support Leopard’s processing demands.

Oh, and Mac Pro is not officially known to be a personal computer, but a workstation. That says a lot about its capabilities.

Mac Pro, MacBook, MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Mini…the unbeatable lineup luring customers into Apple Centres.

Well, I miss the Gs!
Ian

No comments: