Saturday, July 18, 2009

Still the same

Finally finished a design project for my church today, after spending a few late nights till 2am to rush out poster and flyer designs for a conference. I always praise God that he is continually using my gifts and skills to bring more people to Him. It is stressful trying to juggle church, photog stuff and studies.. the pressure is enormous and I'm very tired, physically and emotionally. Prelims is just 7 weeks away and I have to revise two years worth of work. My life is not in order, everything seems messed-up. My prayer this season is always for God to give me strength, and to deliver me.

The Purpose Driven devotionals have been my source of spiritual food these days. It's comforting how the messages speak to me and assure me. Today God told me that he is the same God - today, yesterday and tomorrow. If he could perform miracles in Moses' time and part the red sea, surely my God has the same power to do something similar today, in my life. If He could rescue Joseph from the dungeons and put him second in command in Egypt, surely something similar is still possible today. The world and everything changes, but God doesn't. For what is seen will fade, but what is unseen will last. As long as I believe in faith, it will be done in accordingly. "According to your faith will it be done to you” (Matthew 9:29 NIV). The God who delivered in the past will deliver me from the huge difficulties I face today.

“I am expecting the Lord to rescue me again, so that once again I will see His goodness to me” (Psalm 27:13 LB). I pray, wait and hope in the Lord, so that at the end of the day when I walk through the darkness and emerge victorious, I can give all glory unto Him.

No comments: