Monday, July 7, 2008

This Is Our God - Desert Song (Testimony)



Verse 1:
This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides

Verse 2:
This is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flame

Chorus:
I will bring praise, I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice, I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

Verse 3:
This is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

Bridge:
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

Verse 4:
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favour and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow


'Desert Song' from the new release 'This Is Our God' is sung by Brooke Fraser and Jill McCloghry. This is one extremely powerful song, especially the bridge, but watching the Youtube video above showed me the shocking background behind this song.

About a week and a half before the recording, Jill McCloghry gave birthed to her premature son. And on that night, he died because he was too small. But even under this saddening circumstance she never questioned God's existence, and continued to worship and sing unto Him. It is encouraging how her faith wasn't shaken, and I'm so touched by her testimony, however short.

To me, this song tells me to never stop giving praise no matter what, because in every season, all of my life, God will always be that same God, no matter whatever happens. And because of that, we have a reason to sing. So always tell yourself in the most dire of situations, that 'I will bring praise, I will bring praise..."

No comments: