Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This Is Our God: Thoughts


Finally I have my hands on Hillsong's newest release, This Is Our God, their 17th live praise and worship album! According to Wikipedia, it was recorded live at the Acer Arena on 9 March 2008 by the Hillsong Live team with a crowd of over 10,000 worshippers.

There are a total of 16 tracks, and honestly speaking, I absolutely love EVERY single one of them. Special mention goes to 'You Are Here (The Same Power)', which is a wonderful, wonderful, simple and short song; it spoke volumes to me when I first heard it.

The lyrics goes like this:

The same power that conquered the grave
Lives in me
Lives in me
Your love that rescued the earth
Lives in me
Lives in me


To me, this song is a form of encouragement that every problem that I face in life can be conquered, simply because the mighty power of God that conquered the grave lives in me. It is a humbling thought that left me awe-struck... and gives me the assurance in every circumstance I'm in.

Other songs that particularly left a deep impression on me were 'Healer' and 'Stronger'. Absolutely touching songs which proclaim God's truths. I haven't heard the entire album, but I can say confidently that this is definitely THE worship album this year which will bring me closer to God.

No comments: