Thursday, December 25, 2008

God of this city - a song for China

5 days ago I came back from my China family holiday. We went to Yun Nan province with other church families, visiting Kun Ming, Da Li, Li Jiang and Shangrila. The trip was awesome... the scenery, food, experiences... but more than that, it opened my spiritual eyes to realise that the chinese there need Christ. Many of them engage in nature worship; they bow to the mountains, water, earth etc. Throughout the land I see the need for salvation and for the truth to set them free, and I believe this is THE song that God gave me for Yun Nan.

God of this City, by Chris Tomlin:


You're the God of this city
You're the King of these people
You're the Lord of this nation
You are

You're the Light in this darkness
You're the Hope to the hopeless
You're the Peace to the restless
You are

There is no one like our God
There is no one like our God

For greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this city
Greater thing have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in here...


Indeed, it is my pray that our generation of Christians will do greater things in this land, through our almighty God.

No comments: