Monday, April 19, 2010

The waiting is the hardest part

The Guard
Image copyright Ian Ho 2008

It's always easy to ask God for something, and it's always easy if God says yes and answers your prayer immediately.. but sometimes God says 'not yet' and He tells us to wait. Many times when that happens, the waiting is the hardest part. It keeps us in anxiety - has God forgotten my request? How long more? Or maybe I heard wrongly and God said 'no'. Thoughts start to flood your mind, some of which planted by the enemy. But it is through the waiting that we learn how to depend, seek and trust in God. It always happens to me, and is happening again now. I ask for something, God says 'not yet' and the waiting is killing me, but I know He has not forgotten, and everything will be perfect in His timing. After all, God's plan for us is always the BEST plan. Hope this encourages you :)

No comments: